[Lazarus] Printing a formatted page

Dave Coventry dgcoventry at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:58:57 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> What do you mean by RTF?

RTF = Rich Text Format

> Could you explain better what you are trying to do?

I want my app to generate printed forms and letters.

Currently I have to measure the page I want to print and use the
Canvas draw commands to draw the page. If anything changes I have to
measure the page again and input the data in terms of lineto, moveto
and textout methods.

What I'm hoping to do is to format the page using OpenOffice and then
convert this to moveto, lineto, textout, etc.

PCL uses similar methods, penup, pendown, etc; maybe I could format
the page and output it to PCL and then convert the PCL to
TPrinter.Canvas functions? Maybe even Postscript? I used to have the
old Adobe "Postscript Cookbook". If I could just find it again...