[Lazarus] SQLite - WinCe

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sun Jun 22 20:32:28 CEST 2008

Op zondag 22-06-2008 om 19:41 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef
cc_ at freemail.hu:
> I am testing SQLite under WinCE. A few notes:
>
> - When the db file is in a shared folder linked to the Emulator, it
> cannot be opened. Needs to becopied to an internal folder. This may
> have nothing to do with Lazarus, but might be a useful peace of
> information anyway.

Hmm. That could explain somethings. I think it's somewhat different. In
my experience the application made an database-file, but it coudn't be
seen on the host-os. I guess there's some synchonise-issue.

> - SQLite3Connection does not  raise an exception when it cannot
> connect. Connected becomes  "true" no matter what.

That's probably because messageboxes do not work. (in my experience)
Place the .open in a try-except-block and catch the error message.
That's how I did it.

> - Opening a SQLQuery raises Bus error or "misaligned data".

Update to a recent fpc version. (2.2.2rc1 or later)

> - Sqlite3Dataset:  Loading a less then 2MByte dataset takes around 15
> seconds in the emulator on a  Centrino  Dothan 1.6 CPU.  Is this the
> speed to expect, or Sqlite3Dataset needs to be checked?

Changing folders did also take a few seconds here. Try it on a real
device...

Joost.