[Lazarus] Mac OS X : Cross compiling from i386 -> PowerPC

Dominique Louis dominique at savagesoftware.com.au
Sun Jun 22 21:45:09 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Dominique Louis
> <dominique at savagesoftware.com.au> wrote:
>>   I could not find the specific packages
>
> lazarus/components/printers
>
>> so I did a make all using the
>> ppcppc compiler and when I do that I get the following compilation error
>> Fatal: Can't find unit MacOSAll used by CarbonInt
>>
>> Am I not supposed to be able to do a
>> make all LCL_PLATFORM=carbon
>> and target the ppcppc compiler?
>
> make all won't compile the printers package AFAIK. And it will compile
> the Lazarus IDE. Doesn't look like a good idea.
>
> make bigide will build both the IDE and printers.
>
> anyway, if you really want to build in the command line I would try
> setting TARGET_CPU=powerpc

The IDE allows me to compile the Printers4Laz package for PowerPC, but
does not do anything if I try to compile the LCL from within the ide.

 From the command line using
sudo make bidgide LCL_PLATFORM=carbon CPU_TARGET=powerpc
FPC=/usr/local/bin/ppcppc OPT="-k-framework -kcarbon -k-framework -kOpenGL"

produces the..
Fatal : Can't find unit MacOSAll used by CarbonInt
error I mentioned before.

Dominique.