[Lazarus] Package Images4Lazaurs does not compile anymore

Lord Satan reimgrab at web.de
Wed Jun 25 00:05:13 CEST 2008

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 23:32:59 +0200
Marc Weustink <marc at dommelstein.net> wrote:

> I fear that GetFPImageReaderForFileExtension won't come back. It simply
> doesn't work with the current model. There will be a system which
> returns the graphic class you can use to read an image.

This means at the moment there is nothing and you do not know when a replacement system will be in place. Correct?
I need to support as many image formats as possible. My image class is derived from TLazIntfImage and my loading routine uses GetFPImageReaderForFileExtension.
What is my replacement now?
What is the workaround?
I don't like to be stuck on revision 15471. There is a reason that I use the lazarus svn version.
I understand that there are some big changes going on, but this worked for years and I need a replacement now. What are your suggestions?

tia