[Lazarus] Running different Lazarus versions.

Bernd Mueller mueller.b at gmx.net
Thu Jun 26 10:37:02 CEST 2008

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> make all won't compile the printers package AFAIK. And it will compile
> the Lazarus IDE. Doesn't look like a good idea.
>
> make bigide will build both the IDE and printers.
>
> anyway, if you really want to build in the command line I would try
> setting TARGET_CPU=powerpc

Hi Felipe,
   Afer using Adriaan van Os' excellent scripts I now have a ppc386 and
a ppcppc that were both built today v2.3.1. The lcl compiles under both
i386 and powerpc, but I'm still having problems with printer4lazarus
package.
Using bigide and TARGET_CPU=powerpc compiles, but does not seem to
correctly compile the printer4lazarus package.

If I compile my project via the IDE, the first time it complains that it
can't fine Printer4Lazarus. I ignore the errors and it eventually
compiles and appears to be building Printer4Lazarus in the back
background. If I now try to build my project as a "powerpc" target,
printerdlgs.pp is immediately displayed and I get the error message...
Fatal: Can't find unit LResources used by PrintersDlgs.

 From looking at the compiler options command line parameters screen it
seems to be looking for it in
-Fu../../../../../.lazarus/lib/Printer4Lazarus/powerpc-darwin/

It this correct?

This seems to be my last hurdle in creating a Universal binary for this
project.

Dominique