[Lazarus] Java's Document & Elements model

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 09:23:11 CEST 2008

On 27/06/2008, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>  Please try something like fpc/packages/univint/src/MacOSAll.pas.
>  Jump to the end of the file and see what happens to the highlighting
>  and your CPU.

This brings up another point. The thumb button size in scrollbars. Why
the hell must the thumb button be 7 pixels in size. My laptop has a
1600x1200 display, that means I need to *precision click* on something
0.43% (horizontal) or 0.58% (vertical) of my screen size. That's 7
pixel big!!! Even my mouse cursor is bigger than that!  See attached
screenshot.

Why can't the minimum size of the scrollbar thumb button be something
like 50-70 pixels. It will have no affect on the scrolling ability.
I'm sure it's another native widgetset limitation, but something fpGUI
has already overcome.  fpGUI can dynamically resizes the thumb button
based on the parents content size, but will not go smaller than the
set minimum size (definately not 7 pixels).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/