[Lazarus] Lazarus website design

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 02:50:42 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Paul Ishenin <ip at kmiac.ru> wrote:
>  You want to reinvent a wheel? Can't we use phpBB3 and joomla1.5? Then we
>  need no line of our own code.

Ain't that our current solution? I don't remember exactly which
content management system the current lazarus website is based at, but
it's already based on one, so what would change then?

I'd migrate to something like how the fpc website works (don't know
exactly how it works) because that system seams to work very well
there. Better then the lazarus website. I don't think it's a big wheel
reinvention. Just a lot of ctrl+c / ctrl+v

Not to mention the old plan of merging the websites:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Merging_Lazarus_and_FPC#Website

A CMS centralizes work at the administrator, and I'm thus we get
dependent on a administrator. Having just code makes it easy for
anyone to fix the website.

thanks,
--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho