[Lazarus] Send keys to visual component

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 02:24:49 CET 2008

IntfUtf8KeyPress will tell LCL that your control received a keypress
message, and thus it will call your OnUTF8KeyPress handler, but it
won't really emulate a key press on the control.

To do that I would try using SendMessageW to send a WM_CHAR (or some
other message) to the control. docs here:

http://www.google.com.br/search?hl=pt-BR&q=site%3Amsdn2.microsoft.com+sendmessage&btnG=Pesquisa+Google&meta=

We have a partial implementation of SendMessage on LCLIntf, but I
would bet it isn't capable of emulating key pressing everywhere.

The Windows version of SendMessage obviously only works for Windows
and Windows CE.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho