[Lazarus] Howto recode GUI

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Wed Mar 19 21:41:23 CET 2008

petr.kristan at epos.cz ha scritto:
> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:40:13AM -0300, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>> You can convert from UTF-8 to Current locale and the opposite direct
>> using AnsiToUTF8 and UTF8ToAnsi located LCLIntf. This doesn't allow an
>> arbitrary locale, but only the current one.
> I think, that you do not realize question. I know functions which
> can convert strings from utf-8 to iso atd... But I do not know _how_ to
> online convert lazarus gui strings (label captions, button captions,
> ...).

It may be awkward, but for me it worked. You can't do it within Lazarus,
but there's a number of editors which can do that for you. Just open the
.lfm files in the editor, telling it the input encoding, then save it
with the required output encoding. I used KEdit (from Kde).

Kind regards,

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong (O. Wilde)