[Lazarus] 64bit -> 32bit cross compilation

Sebastian Kraft sebastian_kraft at gmx.de
Thu Mar 20 11:48:37 CET 2008

Am Sunday, 16. März 2008 19:41:17 schrieb micahel schneider:
> Am Sonntag 16 März 2008 schrieb Sebastian Kraft:
> > Hello,
> >
> > just updated to 64bit ubuntu.
> > Is it possible to create a 32bit binary on a 64bit system?
> >
> > I need to create 32bit binaries beacuse my application links to a closed
> > source 32bit only library
> >
> > thanks for any hints!
> >
> > Sebastian
>
> chroot or VMware/Xen

I hoped that there was a simpler solution...
Tried out chroot. It took about an hour to set it up and understand the
concept and usage but now everything works like it should.

For people who understand german language I can recommend you this howto
http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/32-Bit_chroot
Haven't found an equivalent english version of it :(

Sebastian