[Lazarus] 3-tier database application

Lukas Gradl lazarus at ssn.at
Thu Mar 20 15:59:44 CET 2008

On Delphi I use kbmMW. They're working on Lazarus Version of their
product - the MemoryTable TkbmMemTable is already available (and works
quite well on Win32 and Linux!)

It's a commercial product with a quite hight learning curve but its has
some amazing features....

Btw, you find them at http://www.components4developers.com/

regards
Lukas

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Has anybody created a multi-tier (or 3-tier) database application with
> Lazarus? I'm looking for a solution that will work on Linux and
> Windows.
>

>       PC #1                           PC #2                      PC #3
> Client Application    ----->    Application Server    ----->   RDMS (db)
>

> In Delphi we used TClientDataset and midas.dll.  What options do we
> have for FPC and Lazarus?  Kylix 3 Enterprise used WebServices and
> SOAP, but I have never worked with WebServices or SOAP in my life.
>
> If WebServices are the only option, I would prefer to embed the HTTP
> server inside the Application Server tier, so I don't have to deploy
> Apache etc...  Not being stateless would also be a nice bonus (or at
> least some work-around for it like is done in Kylix)
>
> Anybody know of something like this?  I remember there was some single
> developer that wrote and alternative to Midas (for Delphi). I think he
> used Jedi's version control application as an example application.
> I'm not sure of the product name, what technologies he uses or if it
> is open-source. :-(
>
> Regards,
>   - Graeme -

software security networks