[Lazarus] Does anyone have any idea why Lazarus won't compile on Redhat Fedora 8?

Marc Weustink marc.weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Mar 27 11:05:53 CET 2008

Andrew Brunner wrote:
> Does anyone have any idea why Lazarus won't compile on Redhat Fedora 8?
>
> We've got a discussion going on the forums but no comments.  At least
> two of us on the forum have the same issue.  The message is from ld
> regarding libglib.  I have verified that a file with the actual library
> is there - not just a link.
>
> /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/libglib.so when searching
> for -lglib
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lglib
> project1.lpr(17,1) Error: Error while linking
> project1.lpr(17,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
>

> http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5151
>

> What is wrong with the libglib.so that can throw this error?  64bit
> instead of 32bit library?  What is it expecting on 64bit install?

I'm running fc8 too (on a 64bit and 32 bit system)
In my experience when you install a package, both versions of 32 and 64
bit get installed. However, sometimes when yum installs depenencies it
forgets to install the 32 bit version on my 64 bit system.

you can try reinstalling it by "yum install glib"

Marc