[Lazarus] Using Packages in Lazarus

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri Mar 28 01:03:41 CET 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 27/03/2008, Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>> Maybe he copied/moved some files around?
>
> No idea...
>
>>  Where is the .lpk file, the .pas and the .inc file (full filenames)?
>>
>>  Open the .lpk file. A package editor should appear.
>>  Open the .pas file in the source editor, right click, file settings, unit info.
>>  What include paths are listed there?
>
> I remember months ago you and I went through this exercise to get
> tiOPF's packages working. Since then it has worked perfectly, on
> multiple systems of ours. That is why I think something is wrong in
> his setup (specific to his machine).
>
> Anyway, here is the tree structure of the Source directory and the
> different paths show in the tiOPF.lpk package using the Unit Info
> dialog.  The tiDefines.inc include file that he is refering to is
> located in the 'Core' directory. From the information below everything
> looks fine to me.
>
> @Lee
> How does your setup compare to mine, shown below?
>

> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source
>    .
>    |-Compilers
>    |---Delphi2005
>    |---Delphi2006
>    |---Delphi2007
>    |---Delphi7
>    |---FPC
>    |-----lib
>    |-Core
>    |-Demos
>    |-GUI
>    |-UnitTests
>

> Paths shown via the Unit Info dialog....
>
> Unit Paths
> --------------
> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source/Core
> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source/Options
> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source/3rdParty/FBLib/lib/i386-linux
> /opt/lazarus/packager/units/i386-linux
> /home/graemeg/programming/tiopf/Source/Compilers/FPC

Hi guys,

On my XP machine I have the following:

M:\Lazarus
  |-IDE
  |-Projects
  |-3rdPartyComponents
  |---tiOPF2
  |------Compilers
  |----------Delph7
  |----------Delphi2005
  |----------Delphi2006
  |----------Delphi2007
  |----------FPC
  |------Core

On a fresh install/update of tiOPF, I just Tortoise/SVN trunk into that directly
into the tiOPF2 director.

Thanks,

--
Warm Regards,

Lee

"Everything I needed to learn in life, I learned selling encyclopedias door to
door."