[Lazarus] Fedora 8 problem

ron schultz ronschultzster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:07:59 CET 2008

The svn went fine. The next step did not.
[root at localhost lib64]# cd lazarus
[root at localhost lazarus]# ls

components    COPYING.modifiedLGPL  docs      install      lcl
  Makefile.fpc  test
converter     debian                examples  languages    link.res
  packager      tools
COPYING       debugger              ide       lazarus
localize.bat  ppas.sh       units
COPYING.GPL   designer              ideintf   lazarus.app  localize.sh
  README.txt
COPYING.LGPL  doceditor             images    lazbuild     Makefile
  startlazarus

Below is just the first part but continues for about 300 more lines.

[root at localhost lazarus]# export LCL_PLATFORM=gtk2; make clean all bigide
make: -iVSPTPSOTO: Command not found
make: -iSP: Command not found
make: -iTP: Command not found
make: -iSO: Command not found
make: -iTO: Command not found
make -C ide cleanide
make[1]: -iSP: Command not found
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/lib64/lazarus/ide'
make[1]: -iTP: Command not found

Below is the end of the out put. I do not want to make things worse.
Should I run fpcmake and then try again?

make[1]: -iTO: Command not found
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/lib64/lazarus/components/rtticontrols'
Makefile:171: *** The Makefile doesn't support target linux-, please
run fpcmake first.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib64/lazarus/components/rtticontrols'
make[1]: *** [bigidecomponents] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/lib64/lazarus/components'
make: *** [bigidecomponents] Error 2