[Lazarus] Lazarus+GDB=app slow start

Denis Golovan denisgolovan at yandex.ru
Sat Mar 29 14:55:14 CET 2008

If it would be helpful to the Lazarus project I would be willing to
reinstall Fedora

8 and start from scratch. I do not have anything I mind losing and the Fedora 8

install went without a problem. I could keep a log of what I did, the
results and the

fixes to the problems. Then as people offer help they would know
exactly what I had

done.

I have run into the gdk-pixbuf and gdk-pixbuf-devel issue. Since
CentOS is a clone of

Fedora I would assume that what works with one should work with the
other. If this is

a good idea it might be helpful to let me know what packages or group
of packages to

start with on the initial install of Fedora 8.

After I get Lazarus working I would be willing to do this a second
time and get the

necessary stuff before even trying to install Lazarus. Maybe this
could be sort of a

howto to get Lazarus running with Fedora and it's clones. If we try
this remember I'm

a newbie to Linux.