[Lazarus] WinCE & LazReport

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 03:13:03 CET 2008

I'm the main wince developer at the moment, but I don't have any
project using databases on wince, so I can't help much here.

On 3/28/08, cc_ at freemail.hu <cc_ at freemail.hu> wrote:
> - I understand that the WinCE related code is still in beta. Do I have a
> chance to make a bug free app with it now? I only need the basic DB related
> components.

As far as I remember data-aware controls didn't work on 0.9.24, but I
did a small test with the svn version and it was working. Using the
svn version isn't easy, but there is a guide here:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Windows_CE_Interface#Setting_up_the_Windows_CE_interface_manually

I would advise you to try with the latest svn and report back, also
with bug reports on the bug tracker.

> - Is LazReport ready (or very close to ready) for WinCE? Tried to compile
> the latest source from SVN, but it seems that at least some of the units are
> incomplete. Is there any older version of LazReport which can be compiled
> for the WinCE platform?

Try with the lazreport which comes with Lazarus. lazarus/componentslazreport

That should at least compile.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho