[Lazarus] Register Package Help

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Thu May 1 15:59:08 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a package to that contains a unit which defines a TShape
descendant component following this example:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_Packages#Adding_existing_components_to_a_Package

The problem that I'm having is that package overwrites the .pas file that I
include with:

{ This file was automatically created by Lazarus. Do not edit!
This source is only used to compile and install the package.
  }

unit pos_button;

interface

uses
   pos_button, LazarusPackageIntf;

implementation

procedure Register;
begin
   RegisterUnit( 'pos_button', at pos_button.Register) ;
end;

initialization
   RegisterPackage( 'pos_button', at Register) ;
end.

Before trying to save/compile the package this source file contains the source
for the component.  After save/compile the contents are replaced with the above
source.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee