[Lazarus] http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/ is down

drew einhorn drew.einhorn at gmail.com
Sat May 3 17:32:19 CEST 2008

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> Stephano wrote:
>> In any case, you can test the raw mode printing without using any
>> printer at all. Just set the port of the Generic Text Printer to File,
>> print using your routine, and inspect the file. That would show you
>> whether it is your routine's fault or the printer's (which could be set
>> to page mode).
>
> I tried this and after setting up the printer to print to file, I was able to
> print a test page and it came out ok in the file.
>
> However, once that was done, I tried printing using the rawmodetest.lpi project
> and I don't get the dialing asking for the file location and windows reports a
> printer error.
>
> Is there somewhere in code that I should indicate the file location?
>
> Never did this before, sorry.

The problem was setting up the port as a file path (when setting up the printer)
and that worked well to print to the file, but it doesn't print to the actual
printer from what I can tell and I'm wondering if there is extra steps necessary
to print to a networked printer, but that seems doubtful to me.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."