[Lazarus] Project Inspect & Code Explorer

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 5 22:52:04 CEST 2008

2008/5/5 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
>  > Code Explorer:
>  > Great Window here, but I don't get the filtering mechanism.  If I
>  > type say "btnMain" it highlights everything whereas I would think it
>  > would filter out everything that doesn't match that string entered.
>
>  It's not a filter, it's a search.
>  Feel free to add an option and implement filtering.

Some constructive criticism if you don't mind. Clearly that form is
badly designed then! I expected the exact same things as what Lee
described. I would bet good money that others thought the same thing.
I typed something in and it highlighted lots of items I had no clue
why.  After all, the edit box it titled '(Filter)', but as you
explained it doesn't filter, instead it searches???  A filter acting
like a filter would have been a better design.

Regards,
 - Graeme -