[Lazarus] Lazarus on ARM Linux questions, compos using Xlib

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 6 22:04:51 CEST 2008

2008/5/6 nataraj <nataraj at gsis.ac.in>:
>  Are there a gui  compos in Lazarus which use only X11/ Xlib?
>  Again I dont want to use dynamic libs. Will static linking using Xlib
>  amount to lots of size?

Felipe is right. fpGUI should do the trick, but it hasn't been tested
on mobile devices. The current fpGUI talks directly to XLib and does
not require glibc or GTK.  It does use Xft however for anti-aliased
fonts - not sure if your ARM device has Xft installed.  It should be
very easy to revert back to the old XLib font support if you require
it. After all, fpGUI used to use that first, before I changed it to
the prettier Xft font support.

Regards,
 - Graeme -