[Lazarus] Sprite example

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 13 12:33:14 CEST 2008

OK, so now the Sprite example runs smoothly under GTK1 as well. Thanks
Mattias.  :-)

One more problem: CPU usage!

Under my Linux system (Intel P4 2.40GHz with 1Gig memory and Ubuntu 7.10
distro), xload shows 100% cpu load. Top shows 8.7-9.3% which is damn
high. I don't move or resize the window and don't touch the mouse while
the demo is running.

Running the Sprite demo ported to fpGUI (on the same system as above),
xload and top shows the sprite demo at 0.0-0.3% cpu usage, like most
(almost idle) applications. Plus, in this demo the timer is set at to
default of 50ms, whereas the LCL sprite demo timer is set at 100ms.

What is causing the high CPU usage in the Lazarus LCL sprite demo?

Regards,
   - Graeme -