[Lazarus] Cairo library usage

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 17 10:36:01 CEST 2008

2008/5/17 Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 5:48 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
> <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>> * What is your feeling about the library?
>
> It was found that cairo is the reason why lcl-gtk2 is so slow, and
> therefore, I don't like it very much =)

That is strange. The first complaint I here that it is slow.  I ran
the the Lazarus Sprite demo, ported to use LCL and Cairo. It ran at
normal resolution and maximized (stretched drawing) and it was silky
smooth. CPU usage was constant between 0.0-0.3% which is very good.

Anybody know of a comparisons / performance tests between Cairo and
something like Agg/AggPas or SDL?

Regards,
 - Graeme -