[Lazarus] Cairo library usage

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 17 11:17:51 CEST 2008

2008/5/17 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:

> That is strange. The first complaint I here that it is slow.  I ran

OK, I did some more Google'ing. It seems Cairo does have some
performance issues, but I can't remember to which version of Cairo
they used.  What I did notice from all my searching is that it is
really unfair to compare Qt vector graphics to anything else!  Qt is
simply miles ahead of anybody else in performance. See image.

http://chaos.troll.no/~zrusin/vectorframeworks.png
http://zrusin.blogspot.com/2006/10/benchmarks.html

Oh well, I my small little test, Cairo performed well and looked good.
Next I'll play with AggPas.  :-)

Regards,
 - Graeme -