[Lazarus] target filename extension

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 22 10:01:30 CEST 2008

Micha Nelissen wrote:

>> find UnitTests -name '' -type f -perm /111 -regex '[^.]+' -exec rm {} \;
>
> Escape the '{}':
>
> ... rm \{\} \;
>
> Remove the -name; don't know what that should do.
>
> Perhaps wise to use 'echo' first, to see what you're going to delete ;-).

Good idea! :-)

Escaping didn't work. I had to remove the -regex command, then things
started to go my way.

eg:
   find UnitTests -type f -perm /111 -exec echo {} \;

It now listed all executable files...  :-)
Reading through the 'find' man page, it's damn impressive what the find
command can do. A real hidden treasure.

BTW:
   I found that Midnight Commander has an extended search feature where
you and feed in commands like 'find' and it will panelize the output.
You can find the option under 'Command | External panelize'.  After
using Linux for 10 years, I'm still learning new tricks. Awesome!

Regards,
   - Graeme -