[Lazarus] Forms Color on Linux

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Fri May 23 15:39:28 CEST 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Lee Jenkins wrote:
>> 1. Is is a known limitation of gtk1 that you cannot change the form's color?
>> I've tried to do this, but this (at design time) has no effect.
>
> One of many reasons why I started fpGUI. When we still used LCL & GTK1
> (1.5-2 years ago), I was told it is not native behaviour and will not be
> fixed. Don't ask me what Linux native behaviour is, because every second
> Linux app behaves differently. :) A work around was to create some
> custom theme file, but that was not a solution for us.
>
> I have no idea what's the state of LCL & GTK1 at the moment, regarding
> this issue. But from your comment, it seems nothing has changed.
>
>> 2. With gkt2, the form's color does change with what it was set to at design
>
> I can't comment on GTK2. 1.5 years ago, GTK2 was totally unusable.

Hmmm.  That's a bit unfortunate.  I get the idea of theming and centralizing the
user feel, etc but that doesn't take into account task based applications.

I've noticed also that other things like MouseDown and MouseUp seem to act
differently (kind of sluggish) in GTK1/2 or maybe its Gnome in general.  That's
a show stopper for me.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee

"When my company started out, we were really, really, really, really small.
Now...we're just really small."