[Lazarus] Visual Form Inheritance

Joao Morais post at joaomorais.com.br
Sat May 24 17:00:56 CEST 2008

Mattias Gärtner wrote:
> AFAIK there are two things missing:
> - Easy creating descendant forms via 'New ...' dialog
> - When ancestor and descendant is open at the same time in the designer and you
> change a property of the ancestor, then the descendant properties needs to be
> changed too.

Here I cannot create something like this:

(1) TAbstract = class(TForm)
   Panel

(2) TNotSoAbstract = class(TAbstract)
   SomeButtonInsideTheInheritedPanel

Form (2) works nice.

(3) TConcrete = class(TNotSoAbstract)

Form (3) always raise exceptions saying 'Duplicate name: A component
named "Panel" already exists'. One message for each TAbstract member.
22-may snapshot. Known issue, or should I create a project that
reproduces the problem and create a bug report?

--
Joao Morais