[Lazarus] Connecting to a Postgres Database

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun May 25 18:49:16 CEST 2008

On Sunday 25 May 2008 17:54, Dave Coventry wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I don't HAVE a windows postgres installation.
>
> Do you have copies of the files? The best I could do was to was a
> libpq.dll from v7.0.

no, have only linux libpq.so .... so google is your friend. I think that you
can find it in zeoslib downloads section.

> Why are they needed, anyway? I don't see any mention of their
> requirement in the wiki(s).

well, then somebody must add requirement for libpq.dll , it cannot work
without it.

> I'm not actually convinced that this is the problem; how do I test to
> see if the Ubuntu server is allowing Postgres transactions?

postgres transactions ? I don't understand.
If U can connect to XXX server usualy at port 5432 then it works, or it
returns exception like : Is the server XXXXX running on port 5432 ? etc ...