[Lazarus] Interesting things with latest snapshot of lazarus 9.25

matt shaffer dazappa.matt at gmail.com
Tue May 27 17:32:00 CEST 2008

Oh the ticon thing (and also the systray icon) were also on my top list of
things I wanted fixed in lazarus. I realize that it is free software, and I
use snapshots because they have the transparency fixed and I happened to
come across those errors in the snapshot. I do wonder though, you say that
the newest version is no worse off than the last version; I do mostly agree
with you on that, but things apparently do slip through the cracks - like
the transparency glitch in 9.24. Yes, I really do appreciate you and
everyone else's work on the lazarus project; it's something I'm not capable
of really working on, so instead I just use it. I don't know the inner
workings of lazarus, or why too many timages would crash it, so I cannot
help much (by providing a patch, for example.) I'm still not even sure if
that IS the cause; but it seems to be. If it truly is a bug, which I will
determine by creating a completely fresh application and filling it with a
minimum of 60 timages, then I will submit a bugreport at least.