[Lazarus] 0011231: FilelistBox shows Russian letters in file names wrongly

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 28 23:30:49 CEST 2008

On 28/05/2008, Andrey Gusev <ag888 at rambler.ru> wrote:

> Not, without DisableWindowsUnicodeSupport FileListBox shows russian
>  rightly.
>  But, without DisableWindowsUnicodeSupport, the IDE editor works wrongly,
>  that is the other problem...

I'm not sure if this is a similar issue to what we had when we
implemented Windows Unicode (utf-8) support in fpGUI Toolkit.  fpGUI's
FileListGrid also had issues with Russian filenames under Windows. The
RTL's file access methods did not take into account the file system
locale. We had to create wrapper methods to help out and it works fine
now. Linux was not an issue because it uses UTF-8 at filesystem level.

Code can be found in the fpGUI's svn repository. See the URL below for
more details.

Regards,
  - Graeme -