[Lazarus] Postgres Dlls not found

Dave Coventry dgcoventry at gmail.com
Thu May 29 16:19:44 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Marc Weustink <marc.weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:
> Better not copy he dlls, just add the postgres/bin dir to your path
> (mycomputer-properties-advanced-environmentvars).
> (sometimes you need to restart the explorer to load your new envirenment)
Yes, I tried that, but it didn't work.

> did running pgadmin3 work ?
Yes it does.

> Like any other app as specified here:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586(VS.85).aspx
Well, it says that the first place the dlls are searched for is in the
application's own directory, but I have tried this without success.

Could it be that the path of reqired DLLs are hard-coded into PQConnection?

If that isn't the case, then it can only be that there is a dll missing, surely?

Pgadmin3 came with 18 DLLs all of which have been copied into the
system32 directory, the executable's own directory and all paths to
the DLLs have been added to the Path Environment variable.