[Lazarus] [OT] New "free" IDE from Trolltech

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 21:38:07 CET 2008

2008/11/1 Hess, Philip J <pjhess at purdue.edu>:

> Guess you didn't get the news about RemObjects and Codegear joining forces:

Yes I did, but from the accouncements, it was pretty clear to me that
RemObjects are going to do most of the work. CodeGear will simply
comment here and there. All CodeGear is doing with Delphi Prism is
sponsor some dbExpress stuff, the rest is all pre-existing RemObjects
(Chrome or Oxygen) work.

> Also, TrollTech (now owned by Nokia) has had Qt Designer for years for C++ developers working with Qt. Not sure what changes with Qt Creator (maybe just a new name?).

Qt Designer is just a "forms designer".  Qt Creator is an IDE (forms
designer, editor, debugger, help viewer etc...)

Regards,
  - Graeme -