[Lazarus] Getting started with WinCE/Windows Mobile

Andy Lawrie andy at covalent.co.uk
Sun Nov 2 09:19:16 CET 2008

I haven't even tried to get remote debugging working on the emulator or the
device yet. As an elderly embedded systems programmer I tend to rely more on
debug output and observation of symptoms.

Debuggers don't work so well on the sort of problems you tend to get on real
time systems. But even when debugging an ordinary non-real time program in
Delphi it is quite rare for me to use the debugger. However, in certain
situations they are invaluable so I will be trying to get the remote
debugger working at some point, just not yet :-)

All I've doen so far is play around with standard components and
straightforward code. Today I'll probably try to work out less standard
features like controlling the SIP, controlling power, talking to the serial
port, access the registry and so on, for some of which I may have to hit the
API directly.

Rgds, Andy