[Lazarus] TAChart: simple patch and a code cleanup question

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 02:06:31 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 04:15, Darius Blaszyk <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:

> About the other patch, please create a report in the bugtracker under
> patches and assign it to me. I will know what to do. As to the patches
> themselves, I don't mind you cleaning up code and re-indenting stuff,
> but please split it up in separate patches, this way we will still be
> able to see what and why things changed. I prefer that as opposed to one
> huge patch.

Sure, I'll try to do this.

> - I'm not sure if more TSeriesPointerStyles will follow from you, but I
> could imagine adding a box and whisker plot style point and an errorbar
> style (other variations on the theme as well) would be possible in the
> future. So what do you say about implementing a polymorphic TPointStyle
> class?

Good idea. However, what about backwards compatibility?
I personally do not need it, since I have just started switching my project
to Lazarus, and can easily adjust code, but what about the others?
Is it ok to simply drop TSeriesPointerStyles?

--
Alexander S. Klenin
Insight Experts Ltd.