[Lazarus] Lazarus repository in Git (summary)

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:27:40 CET 2008

On 11/6/08, Vincent Snijders <vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you understand it correctly. What is a the git equivalent of a
>  svn server containing the history? If you want to compare only the svn
>  client, you must remove that part from git, that is the equivalent of
>  svn server containing the history. If you don't want to do that, you
>  must allow to install a local svn server, maybe not as comfortable as
>  git, though.

SubVersion is already very inefficient when it comes to disk space. So
now you are suggesting I run a SubVersion server locally (+-250MB of
data) and the setup of svnd (subversion daemon) and have a local
checked out repository (another +-310MB) just so I can see the history
of files quicker.

Git can do all that in a single directory tree, no daemon and only use 133MB.

Regards,
  - Graeme -