[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:06:36 CET 2008

On 11/6/08, Aleš Katona <almindor at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I've recently moved to freeBSD 64bit and was forced to use the OSS radeon driver, and my gtkperf result went from ~55s to ~5s.
>
>  Try gtkperf on your machine and see what you get. If any test takes more than few seconds, there's something wrong, either your theme, or your driver.

Holly crap!!! I have heard about 'gtkperf', but have never run it
before. I did so now on my PC. P4 2.2GHz with 1GB ram and integrated
ATI video card running Ubuntu 7.10 (32bit).

I couldn't believe the difference it makes when you switch between
themes. The exact same PC, just different themes!!  Here are my
results:

28s - Custom (mixture of what I like)
21s - Bluecurve
26s - ClearLook
24s - Human
17s - Mist
43s - Crux

Wow, not all themes are created equal!  :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -