[Lazarus] [Fwd: Re: TAChart: simple patch and a code cleanup question]

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:37:24 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 19:47,  <dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl> wrote:
> Why would you want to drop TSeriesPointerStyles?
Just to get simpler and more consistent interface.

> I would keep it so the user still can specify the point style either at runtime or in the OI.
This is an important point I did not consider. Indeed, this probably means that
TSeriesPointerStyles should stay not only for backwards compatibility,
but also for easier usage.

> Depending on the choise the right TCustomPointStyle descendant will be
> created. Or did you have another idea?
Well, one obvious choice is to add OnDrawPoint event.
It is less 'object-oriented', but simpler to use. What do you think?

--
Alexander S. Klenin
Insight Experts Ltd.