[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 14:11:50 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> Most development was using the emulator, but when I copied it over to
> the PDA for the first time I was shocked by the performance.

So the performance was good using the emulator?

> All it is doing is drawing some standard edit boxes and buttons on the
> screen. The PDA I tried it on is an XDA Stellar.

Well, I can't think of why this kinds of things would be slow. They
shouldn't, just simple as that.

Maybe your device has very little memory, and the executable fills it.
Did you strip before moving the executable to the PDA?

The typical executable size without debug information is 1.5 MB

> Is it possible I have just got some settings wrong somewhere, or is this
> speed to be expected?

No, it's not expected for such simple applications. Also considering
this is the first report of such kind.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho