[Lazarus] malformed ifdef in gtkdefines.inc

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:02:11 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:42 PM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I change the location of the define statements ?

I assume that by activating the ifdef our minimum Gtk version will go
up, and in that case no, don't change the ifdef.

On Linux you will usually have the gtk library which comes with the
system, and installing a newer pre-compiled one will usually be
impossible because that would also require updating glibc, which would
require a complex update of the entire system (to the point of being
less work formatting the / partition and installing a newer version of
your distro).

So, it's a very big hassle for linux users requiring newer versions of
anything. The constant upgrade in Qt versions is already a big problem
for me, and I wouldn't like gtk to join in.

On Windows you just distribute the .dll with your program, so it's
easy to guarantee that the correct gtk will be in place.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho