[Lazarus] malformed ifdef in gtkdefines.inc

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 20:05:20 CET 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 8:17 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 2:55 PM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess, but I can't find it.
>> So what can we do in order to make it work with GTK_2_8 symbol other
>> then adding the -dGTK_2_8 ?
>
> Isn't that enougth?
>
> The default is 2.6+
>
> If you wish to use 2.8 specific features then compile LCL with the define

You are missing the point (And 2.6 is very old version of GTK. GTK
2.14 is the latest).
The point is that in order for BiDi to work with Lazarus (specially
with menus) we must have the define enabled by default. I'm trying to
make Lazarus to support Bi-Directional UI, and this is a blocker (if I
need to tell everyone who needs it to recompile lazarus and LCL with
such define) and I'm very frustrated from Lazarus after seeing that it
is not simple enough to achieve such tasks.
Please note that for now Lazarus is not useful for BiDi support at all.

> --
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho

Ido
--