[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 07:54:27 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> -------------------[ Work PC ]----------------
> I did so now on my PC. P4 2.2GHz with 1GB ram and integrated
> ATI video card running Ubuntu 7.10 (32bit).
>
> I couldn't believe the difference it makes when you switch between
> themes. The exact same PC, just different themes!!  Here are my
> results:
>
> 28s - Custom (mixture of what I like)
> 21s - Bluecurve
> 26s - ClearLook
> 24s - Human
> 17s - Mist
> 43s - Crux
>
> Wow, not all themes are created equal!  :-)
> -------------------[ end ]----------------

And my laptop is a P4 3GHz with 1GB ram and ATI Radeon 9700 video card
running Ubuntu 7.10 (32bit). Clearlooks theme.

-----------------------------------
graemeg at graemeg-laptop:~$ gtkperf
GtkPerf 0.40 - Starting testing: Tue Nov 11 08:51:36 2008

GtkEntry - time:  0.07
GtkComboBox - time:  3.70
GtkComboBoxEntry - time:  2.82
GtkSpinButton - time:  0.49
GtkProgressBar - time:  0.55
GtkToggleButton - time:  0.92
GtkCheckButton - time:  1.38
GtkRadioButton - time:  1.60
GtkTextView - Add text - time:  1.32
GtkTextView - Scroll - time:  0.61
GtkDrawingArea - Lines - time:  0.27
GtkDrawingArea - Circles - time:  0.54
GtkDrawingArea - Text - time:  5.29
GtkDrawingArea - Pixbufs - time:  0.42
 ---
Total time: 19.98

Things like GLGears and the Flurry screensaver is silky smooth on my
laptop. It's much better than my work PC, but it's not near your 5
seconds!

Regards,
  - Graeme -