[Lazarus] libusb access from Lazarus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 12:37:23 CET 2008

Henry Vermaak wrote:
> 2008/11/12 Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk>:
>> Thanks Henry, noted in particular openusb. ARM is one of the platforms
>> I'm being asked about, as is SPARC- the latter could obviously be a
>> challenge if there are embedded endianness issues anywhere.
>
> hmm, i've used libusb on a big endian arm system without problems,
> too, but the program was written in c, since i couldn't get any joy
> out of fpc for armeb.  the stable libusb (0.1.12) has been present on
> all the embedded systems i've worked with, so you can't really go
> wrong.  if you are planning to do complicated things, then writing a
> driver is obviously the best way to go.

Thanks, that's valuable. I was able to get a C++ demo program for the
board working on SPARC without obvious problems, so I'm hoping to be
able to build on that (in between everything else :-) to rewrite the
hardware supplier's Windows-only demo in portable form. Shouldn't be a
big job and would definitely be useful for ourselves.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk