[Lazarus] Performance of GTK 2 and CE

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 21:36:26 CET 2008

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> The fpGUI UI Designer project file is located in
> <fpgui>/uidesigner/uidesigner.lpi
> Alteratively you can compile from the command line as follows:
>   cd <fpgui>/uidesigner
>   fpc @extrafpc.cfg uidesigner.lpr

Runs both locally and remotely. I had to tinker with the -Fu in
extrafpc.cfg to compile, so far I've only used 0.9.24 and haven't tried x86.

I'll put more time into this presently, but after what I've seen over
the last few days I think getting LCL+fpgui complete would be an
admirable endeavour since it looks as though otherwise we will be at the
mercy of gtk1 being discontinued and gtk2 being hobbled by excessive
overhead. It might even be a good default widget set, with
gtk2/Qt/Carbon etc. being selected where the target distro and window
manager are known.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk