[Lazarus] libusb access from Lazarus

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 11:55:15 CET 2008

Henry Vermaak wrote:

> the ftdi chip is practically a usb to serial converter, so you can
> actually use that.  if you look at their windows dll api, you'll see
> that they've got a set of functions that mimic the windows serial
> functions.  otherwise there are serial comms units for fpc (but i
> haven't used any of them).

I'll be looking at comms coding at some point, but more important is
making sure that I can run legacy arcane protocols- hence my interest in
DOSemu, which is good enough to run things like EPROM blasters.

Does anybody use libusb-win32? If so could I have a copy of the unpacked
binaries- I've got NT4 systems here which do have USB low-level drivers
but the installer insists on NT5 and I don't want to start working out
how to rebuild them.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk