[Lazarus] Running Lazarus GTK1 (32bit) via a remote X11 from 64bit Linux

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:01:45 CET 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lazarus IDE with GTK1 on my local 32bit system.  Copied the executable
> over to the remote 64bit server. But I am unable to run Lazarus on the
> remote server.
>
> I get the following error:
> -------------------------------
> graemeg at argon:~/programming$ ./lazarus.gtk1
> ./lazarus.gtk1: error while loading shared libraries:
> libglib-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory

In the end I gave up trying to resolve this issue. So I installed the
GTK1 development libraries and recompiled Lazarus IDE for GTK1 using a
64bit compiler.  Now everything is working perfectly.

Thanks for everybody that tried to help.

Regards,
  - Graeme -