[Lazarus] How to unset bookmarks in the editor?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 15:15:12 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 3:56 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Can't you move the bookmarks to an empty line, so that they become
> obviously unassigned?

I can move them yes, but I want to _remove_ them.

> I see no special advantage in removing bookmarks. In detail not when
> Delphi doesn't remember bookmarks across sessions :-(

I see no special advantage in remembering bookmarks across sessions.
:-)  Since my Delphi 4 days, I have always used bookmarks as a quick
way to jump to section of code - that are relevant to what I am
currently working on.  Tomorrow or a week from now that code will not
be relevant anymore, because I will be working on a different section
of the project.

Also, I can see a potential problem with Lazarus's persistent
bookmarks. What if I set bookmark 1 in Unit2.pas.   Then remove
(delete) Unit2.pas from the project.  What happens now if I press
Ctrl+Shift+1 while I am in Unit1.pas?

Regards,
  - Graeme -