[Lazarus] How to unset bookmarks in the editor?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 15:22:55 CET 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 4:07 PM, Marc Weustink <marc.weustink at cuperus.nl> wrote:

> I don't call it an issue. If I don't need a bookmark, I don't use it :)
> So it doesn't bother me that it is somewhere assigned. When I need it at
> another place, I jsut press ctrl+1 to set it there

Well the problem is that I sometimes have a few bookmarks. They don't
always start at 1.  eg: 2, 4, 6  (I use Programmer Dvorak keyboard
layout, and the numbers are not in sequence like Qwerty).   Now if I
mistakenly press Ctrl+Shift+1, it might jump to a totally unrelated
unit - compared to what I am working with.  This is very annoying - I
already have to many units open at once.  :-)

>> Is the Ctrl+<number> a
>> toggle feature like Delphi and it's just broken in Lazarus, or does
>> Lazarus IDE work fundamentally different?
>
> It has never been a toggle, but I can see a use for it.

Thanks Marc, I'll search the mailing list, but yes, there is a big
benefit for toggling the bookmarks. There is also a big benefit in not
having persistent bookmarks.  Could somebody with the right knowledge
of Lazarus IDE make these user selectable options?   I would do it
myself if I could, but I find it hard enough just to add IDE shortcuts
to add-on I create - so I have no clue where to even start looking for
Lazarus IDE keyboard behaviour code.

Regards,
  - Graeme -