[Lazarus] A new competitor to Lazarus and Free Pascal

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 23:29:05 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:10 AM, Florian Klaempfl
<florian at freepascal.org> wrote:

> Maybe you should have asked :) gprof works on linux for 10 years (on
> windows it is hairy) and valgrind support is also since 2.0 in FPC.

I did at the time, and nobody could help me with gprof. I then tried
to use valgrind, but had no clue what to do or how it works, so just
gave up and used a high precision timer over sections of my code. :-)

Anyway, thank you for the link to valgrind usage - I managed to get it
working just fine. It gives a damn lot of information - now i just
need to figure out what everything kcachegrind shows me means. But I
see the valgrind website has a tutorial which i will work through.
Thanks again.

Regards,
  - Graeme -