[Lazarus] Code Folding marker in the editor itself

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:07:38 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:32 AM, Brad Campbell <brad at wasp.net.au> wrote:

> The best feature I've seen on a similar theme thus
> far is the little [...] after the text and if you
> hover over the folded line the contents of the folded
> block pop up in a hint. Very, very nice
> feature that.

I've seen that before in other editor, but I don't really see the
point. If you want to see the code simply click the [+]. It's no extra
effort... You already have to move the mouse over the [...], so you
can just as well move it over the [+] and click. That way you get the
correct syntax highlighting and if you want to edit or scroll the
code, it is already visible.

Nevertheless, the [...] would be very handy. I have been trying to
implement it for the last hour. The synedit code is just way to
complicated for me to understand and figure out in a short time. :-(
I have screwed up my Lazarus editor a few times in my attempts.
Luckily I made a backup of my executable before I started hacking
away. :-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -