[Lazarus] Where does Lazarus store/look for global settings/options?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Nov 28 18:39:11 CET 2008

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 08:45:21 +0100
Luca Olivetti <luca at wetron.es> wrote:

> En/na Mattias Gärtner ha escrit:
> > Zitat von Luca Olivetti <luca at wetron.es>:
> >
> >> En/na Mattias Gaertner ha escrit:

> >> Then I found a bug ;-)
> >> I reported here before that, when switching lazarus version I
> >> ended up mixing bundled components from the old version to the new
> >> one, so I had to manually edit those files to fix the paths.
> >
> > What components, what paths?
>
> http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3c48F836DE.2080402%40wetron.es%3e

Well, yes and no.
It is not a bug, because to use two different settings the --pcp option
exists (See my answer to the above mail).
And yes, lazbuild does not have an option to override the lazarus
source directory.
The same is true for many other options.

Sharing a lazarus config directory by two different lazarus versions
can give trouble. Better use two different lazarus config directories.
I'm not sure what settings you want to share.

Mattias