[Lazarus] Raw print error

Diwakoe diwakoe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 04:43:17 CET 2008

Sergei Gorelkin wrote:

> Having faced with the same problem in the meantime, I deleted the
> {$linklib } directive and added library and name to all function
> definitions, so your example would look like
>
> procedure usb_set_debug(level: longint);cdecl;external libname name
> 'usb_set_debug';
>
> The libname constant has to be defined differently for Windows and Linux:
>
> const
> {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
>    libname = 'libusb0.dll';
> {$ELSE}
>    libname = 'libusb.so';
> {$ENDIF}
>
> Another caveat with libusb-win32 is that LIBUSB_PATH_MAX constant should
> be different from the Linux one:
>
> {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
> const LIBUSB_PATH_MAX = 512;
> {$ENDIF}
> {$IFDEF LINUX}
> const LIBUSB_PATH_MAX = 4097;
> {$ENDIF}

Thanks Sergei, I'll investigate. I've also come across a toolset called
usbio which is expensive but available for a limited-time evaluation
(four hours per session) and apparently includes Delphi support. I'm not
expecting to get very far, but I'm interested to see just how much
functionality the Edgeport stuff grafts onto NT4.

http://www.thesycon.de/eng/usbio_demo.shtml
http://www.digi.com/support/productdetl.jsp?pid=2628&osvid=55&tp=1&s=0

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd